Wednesday 3 June 2015

Who is the Villain - Vuthaman


My gratitude and respect to Kamal ji, who inspired a whole generation of tamil film lovers, and a house hold name in whole India. When I  was naive and not innocent, talking about the days I started watching his movies, I use to think that Kamal and Ambiga are like real life pairs. This is not about the chemistry of the pair or anything in that terms, it is purely about my adolescents. Kamal was in his heights of commercial movies and I just know Kamal as an attractive actor  who acts movies with lot of attraction, do not get me wrong, what I meant was about his dance, fight sequence , delivery of dialogues and so on. Then  my whole perspective changed once I started following him and his filmography. That is the time when I learnt how Kamal was introduced as a child artist and evolved as a hero. I started watching  all his movies in Television, either in VCD or in Dourdarshan. It is him, who introduced me to Balachander , Barathiraja and Balumehendran, the three great directors who I admired. After I joined college and started watching world cinema, I got little vexed to learn that lot of great movies are based on the story thread of popular Hollywood. My admiration towards my favorite hero had also dented in those times. Now my love has come back to me and started loving him again with more vigor and curiosity.
To feed the time frame Vuthama villain has  timed it to perfection. My romance with Cancer has also grown along with that. Personally I lost my grandmother, my mother in law , my cousin and lately my dear friend. To be frank enough the Cancer romance was initiated by Kamal ji in the movie he acted ' Valve Mayam'. I would also proud to inform my dear friend, director Vikram Kumar's movie Manam - ANR lives on, has a similar thread to it and here Balachander was facing a similar kind in this movie. This can also be summed up as Balachander lives  on. This tribute to Balachander had lived up to all the expectation.
Two facts, in my thoughts which Kamal ji used it to instigate the imagination of his fans are, he and Balachander are real life tutor and student relationship and he married his real life (ex)wife Saritha when he learnt that she is pregnant. I do not know the reality but I understood that he was thriving in Hindi films then and returned to Tamil industry due to various hard reasons.
The story line is simple and straight forward, an established movie star want to do a movie with his Master once he learnt that his life span is not long. His performance is simply brilliant, even my two children of below 7 could enjoy the movie. The super thread about Vuthaman and his story about how he conquered a kingdom and won his love with the young princess is the movie in making with his master.
I need to make a special mention about the Kuthu style or flock style of saying story. This must be Kamal ji's dream and he executed it in his perfection. I do not know how much about Kamal ji's boisterous  and happy personal life but I am sure he had lost a normal citizen life as being a child labor ( oops too much, but in fact he is) and that is obvious when he makes lighter vein comments on the serious scenes of the movie. I know his preparation ground for more movies to come in cinema and his ambition of  hitting it big in world cinema is obvious.  As a ardent follower and well wisher, I want to pray to God to preserve him to make the great Tamil stories to reach the world audience.
To mention some of the other artist in the movie, I loved actor Basker as his personal assistance. He has some time shadowed Kamal ji in few scenes. Special mention about the Andrea Jeremiah as his personal physician and some thing........, she stole the show in the scene where she gets promise from three men to hide what is between her and the hero. Vurvasi, Jeyaram and Sageetham roa are just filling their place with right timing. Nazer is the hero of the flock lore storyline and he stole the show there. The young heroin won my admiration when she notice Kamal ji still at his chair without knowing his actual status deliver a dialogue " was he so bored by my performance" is the one to kill ( cheeky).The dialogue with his son after he announces that he has tumor is an excellent one. When his son tells him that he want to be a screen play writer and pronounce he wants to show what his father is capable of to Kodambakam is a special felling only a tamil movie lover will understand.
Vuthaman Villian ( is a Tamil word ) will last for long in the memory of aurdent Kamal fans as one for himself in lighter vien. A special applauce to Director Ramesh Aravind  ( a heart throb hero then in Tamil), for his special effort to bring Balachander at ease and made it special for Kamal ji. 

No comments:

Post a Comment